It is that time of year again!
The 2013 Edublog Awards are a go! Can you believe this is the TENTH year!?
The Edublog Awards started in 2004 in response to community concerns relating to how schools, districts and educational institutions were blocking access of learner and teacher blog sites for educational purposes. The purpose of the Edublog awards is promote and demonstrate the educational values of these social media.
Working together, we create an invaluable resource of the best-of-the-best on the web!
How Does It Work?
There are 3 parts to the awards:
- Nominations – NOW through December 1st – nominations close at 11.59 PM EST USA on Dec 1
- Voting – TBA
- The Live Awards Ceremony – TBA
How To Nominate
To nominate your favorites:
- Write a post with your nominations for the different categories on your own blog (or a website – anywhere public) – here is an example of a nomination post from 2012.
- Send us the link to your nomination post by completing this form here
So go nominate your favorite blogs, twitterers, community sites, videos, podcasts and more… for 2013:
Here are the categories in full – nominations are open from now through Sunday, December 1st
- Best individual blog
- Best group blog
- Best new blog
- Best class blog
- Best student blog
- Best ed tech / resource sharing blog
- Best teacher blog
- Best library / librarian blog
- Best administrator blog
- Most influential blog post of the year
- Best individual tweeter
- Best twitter hashtag
- Best free web tool
- Best educational use of audio / video / visual / podcast
- Best educational wiki
- Best open PD / unconference / webinar series
- Best educational use of a social network
- Best mobile app
- Lifetime achievement
How To Nominate
- Write a post with your nominations on your blog, link to them and link to this site
- Use this form here to send us a link to your nominations
- Nominate in as many categories as you want!
- You can’t nominate yourself
- Nominations must be made somewhere public – your blog, a forum on a ning, a school website, etc.
- Even if you see your favorite has already been nominated, it is best to nominate them again
- Categories are competitive, and only the most nominated will make it to the voting round
- Share your nominations using twitter (#eddies13), facebook, Google+ and email
(Yes, we put that in there twice just so it was uber clear!)
Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below or use the Contact form