It is that time of year again!
The 2014 Edublog Awards are a go for the ELEVENTH year!
The Edublog Awards started in 2004 in response to community concerns relating to how schools, districts and educational institutions were blocking access of learner and teacher blog sites for educational purposes. The purpose of the Edublog awards is promote and demonstrate the educational values of these social media.
Working together, we create an invaluable resource of the best-of-the-best on the web!
How Does It Work?
There are 2 parts to the awards:
- Nominations – NOW through November 24th
- Voting – TBA
*Nominations will close at 11.59 PM EST USA on November 24th
How To Nominate
Pay close attention because this year we’ve simplified the nomination process 🙂
To nominate your favorites:
- Make your official nominations using this form here.
- Optional: Write a post with your nominations for the different categories on your own blog (or a website – anywhere public) and share the post using #eddies14.
So go nominate your favorite blogs, twitterers, community sites, videos, podcasts and more…
- Nominate in as many categories as you want!
- Please make only one nomination per category
- You can’t nominate yourself
- Even if you see your favorite has already been nominated, it is best to nominate them again
- Categories are competitive, and only the most nominated will make it to the voting round
- Share your nominations using twitter (#eddies14), facebook, Google+ and email
Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below or use the Contact form 🙂
Nominations are open from now through Monday, November 24th.
- Best individual blog
- Best group blog
- Best new blog
- Best class blog
- Best student blog
- Best ed tech / resource sharing blog
- Best teacher blog
- Best library / librarian blog
- Best administrator blog
- Most influential blog post of the year
- Best individual tweeter
- Best twitter hashtag or chat
- Best free web tool
- Best educational use of media (audio / video / visual / podcast)
- Best educational wiki
- Best open PD / unconference / webinar series
- Best educational use of a social network
- Best mobile app
- Lifetime achievement