Voting is now closed in the 2015 Edublog Awards!
Many congratulations to all the nominees and finalists.
Voting will close at 11:59pm EST on Wednesday, December 16th. (Check your timezone.)
And The Finalists Are…
- Best new blog
- Best group blog
- Best class blog
- Best student blog
- Best ed tech / resource sharing blog
- Best teacher blog
- Best library / librarian blog
- Best administrator blog
- Most influential blog post of the year
- Best individual tweeter
- Best individual blog
About the Shortlisted Finalists
Each year there are more and more nominations, and of increasing excellent quality, reflecting the ever growing edublogosphere — which is excellent!
But this means that unfortunately we can’t list every single nomination in each category — that’s too overwhelming for everyone.
Instead, our intrepid team of judges combed through hundreds of nominated sites to whittle them down to a manageable number of shortlisted finalists for each category. Apologies in advance if your site or nominated sites don’t make it – this was such a tough decision!
There are many factors that determine whether a nomination is shortlisted, and some categories were considerably more competitive than others due to the incredible number of nominations. For example, sites weren’t shortlisted:
- If they obviously didn’t fit the category (such as websites or wikis being nominated in blog categories)
- If they were self-nominations
- If they didn’t follow the nomination submission process
Other factors used for shortlisting included:
- For blogs and influential posts – indicators of reader engagement (such as # of comments, bookmarking, social shares, and google page rank)
- For Tweeters – conversation indicators (such as number of following/followers, lists been added to, types of conversations, whether account was public or private)
Due to the thousands of nominations received, there is most likely a typo or mistake or two. Let us know in the comments so we can fix it up!
How to Vote
Voting is easy – just go here! Some quick notes:
- You can vote in as many categories as you want per day!
- only one vote per category per day will be counted per IP address.
- This means, if your school uses one IP address, you’ll need to ask students and staff to vote from home, or only one vote will count
- The system may accept your vote more than once, but only one will be counted!
I think that’s it for now. Voting will close at 11:59pm EST on Wednesday, December 16th. (Check in your timezone here.) Now go vote and discover great new blogs, resources, and people to follow!