December 9, 2009
by Sue Waters
The nominations are up and voting is now open in the 2009 Edublog Awards.
Voting is open until 12 PM Australian Eastern Standard Time on Wednesday December 16th…and the winners will be announced at the Edublog Awards ceremony (more on that to come soon).
The winner of each category will get:
- A years free Edublogs Campus subscription for themselves or their institution worth US$900!
- 10-seat Elluminate room for each winner!
- As well as tasty Winner badge and respect of your peers
Here’s some important voting tips:
- One vote per IP per category — sorry, it’s the only way to avoid rigging, to a degree, your colleagues and students are just gonna have to go vote from home… or from their iphones
- You can vote for multiple categories at the same time, so vote once, but vote broadly!
- Results will not be displayed at all — we’re keeping them *completely* secret until the awards ceremony
About The Nominations!
You’ll notice there are more nominations, and excellent quality, this year reflecting the ever growing edublogosphere — nice work guys!
Unfortunately we can’t list every single nomination in each category — that’s too overwhelming for everyone.
Instead our intrepid team of judges combed through hundreds of nominated sites to whittle them down to a manageable number of shortlisted nominations for each category.
There are many factors that determine whether a nomination is shortlisted, and some categories were considerably more competitive than others due to the incredible number of nominations,.
Apologies in advance if your site or nominated sites don’t make it.
For example, sites weren’t shortlisted:
- If they obviously didn’t fit the category (such as Nings or wikis being nominated in blog categories)
- If they were self nominations
- If they didn’t follow the nomination submission process
Other factors used for shortlisting included:
- For blogs and influential posts – indicators of reader engagement (such as comments, bookmarking, pingbacks)
- For Tweeters – conversation indicators (such as number of following/followers, types of conversations, whether account was public or private)
I’m absolutely sure there are a few typos, stuffed up links, etc. etc. So, let me know about them in the comments below and I’ll fix ‘em up in a jiffy.
About The Nomination Badges!
Yes! We have badges for everyone who has been shortlisted.
And I’m really excited to announce that we’ve gone for an entirely new look!
But I’m going to have to get you to wait until tomorrow as I’ve had to ask for another coat of paint — soz but I’m sure you’ll love them as much as I do!
If you’ve been nominated, come back tomorrow to grab a badge from beneath your poll and whack it in your sidebar linking back to the poll, nominations will be listed on those pages forevermore so wear ‘em with pride.
So, what are you waiting for…
Go check out all those outstanding blogs, and vote for them!