Having trouble adding the nomination badge to your blog side bar or posts?
There are a few tricks to it, especially in side bars because you need to use HTML code.
So I thought some of you might like some extra help with instructions.
Adding Your Badge To Your Blog Sidebar
I’ve written the HTML code for all badges with links back to the poll page — so for those that don’t know how to write the code or like the easy option!
Adding your badge now is as easy as:
- Download this Badges zip file (oops missed a badge – and SocialNetworking Zip for Social networking badge – thanks Martin Hawksey for letting me know)
- Unzip the downloaded file to a folder on your hard drive.
- Open up badgecode1.txt (contained inside the zip file)
- Copy the HTML code for your nomination badge
- Go to Appearance > Widgets in your Dashboard
- Drag and drop a Text Widget from the Available Widgets or Inactive Widgets areas on the left into the Sidebar area on the right
- Now just paste your HTML code into the text widget, then click Save and Close
Your nomination badge should now display in your blog sidebar and clicking on it will take readers to the page where they can add their vote!
Adding Your Badge To A Blog Post
You have two options.
- Use the HTML code I’ve created (Badges zip file) and click on the HTML Tab in your Write post area then paste the code
- Copy the Image URL from Nomination Badges Are Now Available! post by:
- Right clicking on the image and selecting Copy Image location or Copy Shortcut.
- Then insert the image in your post by clicking on Add an Image and adding the image URL.