It is that time of year again!
The 2012 Edublog Awards are a go!
The Edublog Awards is a community based initiative started in 2004 in response to community concerns relating to how schools, districts and educational institutions were blocking access of learner and teacher blog sites for educational purposes. The purpose of the Edublog awards is promote and demonstrate the educational values of these social media.
Working together, we create an invaluable resource of the best-of-the-best on the web!
How Does It Work?
There are 3 parts to the awards:
- Nominations – NOW through November 26th
- Voting – TBA
- The Live Awards Ceremony – TBA
How To Nominate
To nominate your favorites, we’re following the same approach as the last four years, namely asking you to:
- Write a post with your nominations for the different categories on your own blog (or a website – anywhere public)
- Send us the link to your nomination post via the form at the bottom of the Nominations Page
Here are the categories in full – nominations are open from now until Monday, November 26th!
So go nominate your favorite blogs, twitterers, community sites, videos, podcasts and more… for 2012:
- Best individual blog
- Best group blog
- Best new blog
- Best class blog
- Best student blog
- Best ed tech / resource sharing blog
- Best teacher blog
- Best library / librarian blog
- Best administrator blog
- Most influential blog post
- Best individual tweeter
- Best twitter hashtag
- Best free web tool
- Best educational use of audio / video / visual / podcast
- Best educational wiki
- Best open PD / unconference / webinar series
- Best educational use of a social network
- Best mobile app
- Lifetime achievement
How To Nominate
- Write a post with your nominations on your blog, link to them and link to this site
- Use the form at the bottom of the Nominations Page to send us a link to your nominations
(Yes, we put that in there twice just so it was uber clear!)
Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below or use the Contact form 🙂